Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Sweetest Reunion

Thursday, March 17th, 2011: Spring Break (My blog wasn't working for a while, so these are the actual dates these events happened).

There isn't anything in the world that fills my heart more than God pouring our His love on me through children. They receive me with love and acceptance in it's purest form.

As I was walking outside to the car on my way to get coffee with a friend, I saw little Ava across the street. I called her name, and as she turned and met my eyes, the scene that unfolded was like that of a movie. Time stood still as she dropped everything in her hands, and ran full speed towards me with arms open wide, and a huge smile that would melt anyone's heart in an instant. She yelled, "NATALIE", as she bounded across the street towards me and jumped into my arms.

It was a beautiful moment.

Her arms latched around my neck tightly, as we both poured out how much we had missed each other. I have been watching Ava and her brothers since Ava was a little baby. I can't believe she is in 3rd grade this year! Time goes by so quickly....Here are some pictures of Ava and her brothers, Jacob and Liam:









Ava's mom came over, and after hugs and kisses, she told me they were having a St. Patricks day party and would love for me to come. I already had plans, but I told her I would stop by after I got home.

As I rang the doorbell a few hours later, I was welcomed by 9 little girls screaming my name and jumping up and down. Everyone at the party knew I had arrived, as all of the kids were shouting, "MOM, DAD, Natalie is here, Natalie is here!" They had been waiting hours for me. My face was glowing =)

I was immediately pulled down to the basement, where all the girls were waiting to play school. They had everything all set up, even a white board which read, "We love Ms. Natalie." All the girls sat around me on the floor, begging me to teach. It was a moment I will never forget!
They wanted to learn geography, so I shared with themd stories from when I went to Africa. After, we made a list on the whiteboard of all the animals we could brainstorm that might live in Africa. Once our list was made, I gave them each paper and pens and asked them to draw one of the animals and write a fact about their animal. After, we went around the room and shared them. They were SO cute!

Tonight God reminded me of His love for me by the love I was shown through these children.

It's moments like these that I cannot wait to be a teacher and see how God will use me in that role to change lives, and to be changed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Captivated By His Love....