Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Scotland, Day One

Well, I'm thankful to say I didn't end up missing my flights, or sitting by a smelly, drooling man ;) Quite the contrary infact. On my flight from NY to Scotland, I actually sat beside a really sweet couple who have been married ten years, and are going back to Scotland to renew their vows. They got married in a castle over in Scotland...SO neat! Here are a few pictures from my perspective during the long flight over:



















After a long day of traveling, and my mind and body resisting the cruel adaption to the time change, I have finally arrived in Scotland, and it's simply incredible! Right now I want more than anything to curl up in my bed and not open my eyes until the morning, but unfortunately, I can't. All part of the price you pay for adjusting to jet lag =)

Kelsey and I on the bus in Scotland. On our way to the Carronvale House

It's already been a busy day. Everyone's bags arrived, and we waited in the airport an hour after our flight landed for our bus to pick us up. Wow, the house we're staying in is beautiful! Despite extreme exhaustion, I already love it here! Of course, I had no doubts I would, but still, it's a calm assurance nontheless. Here is a picture of our beautiful home:


Our cook Ernie made us some breakfast, and we were off on our first adventure: The grocery store and bank. Well, as it turns out, it became quite the adventure, as nearly all of our group got lost, hahaha. Anyways, we all ended up back together, and on our way back from the market, got lost...AGAIN. I really don't think these Scottish people know how to give directions to clueless, wandering Americans =)

Tonight at dinner, a group of methodists came into the dining hall and sang for us. They were so sweet. Dr. Wood introduced our group to them, and we sang the song, "Father God" for them.

I love the people here. Their hearts are so full of joy and love. Tonight after dinner, we went over to the church Adam and Melanie are working with, and hung out and played games with some of the youth and members of the church. It was a blast (though I think I have some scars and a broken nail from an intense game of spoons,lol).

I'm still here, approaching the quiet place before bed, sitting with legs hanging over the bedside, a full stomach, and God's perfect peace nestled in my heart. I’m simply doing my best to take in all the sights, sounds, newness, beauty, and wonder of this new place I will call my home this summer. May I see the world daily through new, fresh eyes, and be ever mindful of the daily blessings I have in living another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Captivated By His Love....