Friday, February 18, 2011

Beauty In Weakness

God finds beauty and strength in my weakness.....

"The foolishness of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength. Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world's eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise, And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God."1 Corinthians 1:25-29

This passage has really spoken to me today. I am amazed at how often the Lord turns things around from how we perceive them and believe them to be as a reality. Weakness is seen through human eyes as such a  negative quality, yet it is in my weakness that the Lord sees strength. How beautiful is that?
I am now beginning to grasp the beauty of weakness.When we are inadequate, it is then that we lay down our selfish pride and can boast in nothing but the Lord's goodness, faithfulness, and wisdom. Any boasting to be done on my my behalf is a true boasting in the Lord and His power!

It is when we are most broken and cracked that the light of the Lord is able to shine through and radiate in us.
May all praise, honor, and glory be to the Lord who uses my weaknesses and inadequacies for His glory!
Lord, I pray that you humble me and use what little I have to offer you to perform wonders beyond my limitations or comprehension. God, I don't want to stick you in a box. Break through the walls of my unbelief and doubt that I have created, and show me how you  can use my weaknesses to further your kingdom so that I may boast all the more gladly in YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Captivated By His Love....