Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fare thee well Scotland...

Thursday, June 23rd:
Goodbyes always come with such an array of emotions. Leaving Scotland is a goodbye to so many great things and people, but this sad goodbye also brings forth the new beginnings of exciting and unknown adventures to come. Despite the excitement of more travel adventures, it’s hard to believe that I’m not longer in Scotland with my students and dear friends. It’s a place that will be missed greatly in my heart!
We arrived in London this evening after a 6 hour train ride. After stopping by briefly at the Harry Potter 9 ¾ wall, we unloaded our heavy bags in the apartment and headed out for a night adventuring the city. Our team walked what seemed miles (probably exaggerated from exhaustion and hunger), to a fantastic restaurant called La Porchetta. Melissa and I split an incredible Pizza and garlic bread! We then walked around town, and started becoming acquainted with the tube traveling system. It was such an adjustment going from a calm, small city in Scotland, to the hustle and bustle of downtown London.
Despite being full from dinner, we just couldn’t resist trying some delicious and extremely overpriced ice cream in London.  We went to this fun place called hogs, and I got yogurt with Oreos and strawberries….YUM!
After dinner, we all tried to get internet, but we will have to wait until tomorrow for it to work in our apartment. I’m a little worried because I told Elijah I would let him know we made it in safely, but I don’t have a way to get a hold of him. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to let everyone know I arrived safe and sound =)
It’s a change in pace here in London, and I must admit, I’m missing the Carronvale, but it’s been a great night with fun people, and yet another day to be ever so thankful to God for the opportunities He has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Captivated By His Love....