Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another day at Carronshore

Tuesday, May 31st, 2011
Today I didn’t go to the school until the afternoon because we take our Harding courses in the morning on Tuesdays. We were up for breakfast at 8:00, and had Bible class from 8:30-10:30. We learned today about John Gras, which was really interesting to me! Our class is about the history of the reformation and restoration movement from this side of the world’s perspective. There is a lot of History I’m not familiar with, so it should be an informative class. After class, I rushed quickly to get ready for school, and we headed to catch the bus.
Today I went to art class with the students, and actually painted with them because Joshua was absent and the teacher didn’t want him to fall behind. They were starting to paint their Viking ships. After art, Miss Laird had me teach until French. We looked at a map and atlas, and marked the coordinates. I was able to show them where I live in America, and how far I travel to get to Harding University. They were fascinated! I also talked about Colorado, and passed around postcards. At the end, Miss Laird asked me to do a question and answer session. These were a few of them:
*What are your police officers like in America?
*Do you call soda, juice?
*Do you like America or Scotland Better?
*Is it colder here than America?
*How do you get your voice to make that pretty accent?
*Who is the tallest person in your group?
*How many countries have you been too?
*Do you think you can come back and be our teacher next year at Carronshore?
They were just bursting with questions! I had them do some mental math to figure out how many countries I had been too. It was a great day at the school, and I’m already looking forward to going back again tomorrow =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Captivated By His Love....